· Ayer Batu Kachang, (With Kebongs), at Koek Road - price 10 cents for a decent sized bowl
· "Bum Boat" trips to the Outer Eastern Roadstead used to cost S$1.00 before midnight and S$2.00 after midnight
· The 2nd. best cream puffs in the world used to be sold in a little cafe in "The Arcade".
· The best cream puffs in the world used to be sold at "Tip Tops" in Burmah Road.
· The entire school holidays used to be spent camping in make-shift tents at "Lover's Bay" Batu Ferringhi - Soap & Toothpaste were listed as optional supplies.